Cookie Dough? I fry that.

Maybe my taste buds are a bit unconventional, but when it comes to desserts, I think the raw dough/batter always tastes better than the final product. Biting into an ooey-gooey treat is much more satisfying than almost breaking your teeth while crunching into a hard cookie. This is probably why I thought spending $5 on three little balls of fried cookie dough at the state fair was a good investment. Obviously I don’t regret it since I am now sharing this spectacular treat with you, but I wasn’t too happy with myself at first for spending so much on such a small, unhealthy treat. Sometimes my sweet tooth just gets the best of me.

DEEP FRIED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH

Shout out to Food Network for this great recipe! http://www.foodnetwork.com

Prep: 25 min + Inactive: 30 min + Cook: 20 min = Total time: 1 hr 15 min
INGREDIENTS

Courtesy of “The Baker Mama”

For the cookie dough:

• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 1 ½ cups brown sugar
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup pasteurized eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups (12-ounce package) chocolate chips

For the batter:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 large egg
  • ½ cup seltzer water or club soda
  • Vegetable oil (for frying)

For my fellow college students on a budget and with a limited amount of time on their hands…

Feel free to ignore all of those steps and stop by whatever convenient store or market is closest to you and pick up some premade chocolate chip cookie dough. When I can’t find the motivation to put all of that effort into finding all of those ingredients and making my own cookie dough, Pillsbury has my back. God bless “Rams Market!” (shout out to my fellow UNC south campus students)

DIRECTIONS

For the cookie dough:

1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. Mix well; then set aside.

http://thetolerantvegan.com

2. Use a mixer to beat the butter until the color appears to be lighter.
  3. Gradually add sugar and brown sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy.
  4. Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time and continue to beat until they are completely mixed in. Then add the vanilla.
  5. Finally, using a low speed, add the flour mixture and chocolate chips.
  6. To form the cookies, roll 2 teaspoons worth of cookie dough into a ball; then place the balls onto a cookie sheet. Once all the dough has been used, place them in the freezer for 30 minutes so that they can firm up.

http://blog.kitchenaid.com

For the batter:

1. Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
  2. Then add the egg and ½ of the seltzer and mix well. Add more seltzer as you see necessary, until the batter is thick and the consistency of heavy cream.

Unfortunately, you will still have to find a way to obtain the ingredients for the batter. But once you have everything you need, here’s what you need to do!

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer to 350°IMG_1105
  2. Dip the cold cookie dough balls into the batter and carefully drop them into the oil.
  3. You can fry a few at a time; be sure to turn them over a few times. Fry for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
  4. Place them on a paper towel to allow the oil to drain out.
  5. Feel free to top them with powdered sugar, chocolate syrup, or whatever you think sounds good!

Happy Eating!!

The first time I tried fried cookie dough was at the North Carolina State Fair this year. I stood in line for 10 minutes trying to decide whether I should get Mac & Cheese bites or fried chocolate chip cookie dough… I chose Mac & Cheese bites. Didn’t see that one coming, huh?

As I stood with my friends and ate my delicious Mac & Cheese bites, I realized I was the only one who didn’t get fried chocolate chip cookie dough. Of course my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to wait in line for another 10 minutes and spend another $5… It was worth it. I hope you enjoy this savory comfort food as much as I do.

For those of you who love cookie dough but can’t quite bring yourselves to enter the deep, dark, unhealthy world of fried food, I have just the thing for you!

RAW VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH BITES (also gluten-free & soy-free)

Shout out to Averie Cooks for the awesome recipe. http://www.averiecooks.com/

Total time: 10 min

INGREDIENTS

• 2/3 cup raw cashews
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tablespoons agave
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ cup chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Blend the cashews and oats in a food processor until they’re a fine powder. Make sure you don’t blend too much or else it will turn into cashew butter!
  2. Add the agave, maple, and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Once again, do not over-blend!
  3. Stir in the chocolate chips manually.
  4. Shape the dough into balls; if it is sticky, chilling it in the fridge will make it easier to work with.
  5. Happy Eating!!

9 thoughts on “Cookie Dough? I fry that.

1. To be completely honest, I actually prefer a hard cookie to soft cookie dough, but anything revolving around cookies is something I want to read. This seems like a delicious recipe, but it sounds like it might be a little hard to cook in a college dorm kitchen. They don’t provide the best materials and space to cook intricate things. I really like how you included a vegan recipe at the end for those who wanted a healthier recipe. That is a good way to make the article applicable to all. I also liked how you’re article included ways to make the recipe simpler, such as by purchasing the cookie dough at a market instead of making it yourself. And the title was really creative too. Have you tried this particular recipe, and if so what did you think of it? It would be good to hear your opinion of this particular cookie dough to persuade the readers to make it.

2. I utilized phallyx and watched some fantastic results.

It took a while for it to take effect but after it
    did it functioned nicely. The only down side was the free trial where I was charged
    $69. But I cant complain about the price once I got my mojo back haha.

Ive shared this article with a pal of mine anyway.
    Thanks for sharing this article.